You want to create a Discord server. But you can’t finish completing the set-up process because you felt the name wasn’t good enough. So you end up searching for Discord name ideas, and soon you find yourself more stuck than ever.
That’s understandable. Finding the perfect server name can be tough, especially since it will carry your server’s identity and brand. People will see the name of your Discord server first, and that alone can have a huge impact on their decision to whether they would want to join or not. Of course, you can always change your Discord server’s name. However, it might be hard for your server to constantly change names over time, and people will get confused as to what it’s really for.
We’ve created a handy guide on how you can generate cool, funny, or clever Discord names for your server and generators you can check out. Plus, we made our own list (or “mini-generator” if you may) of awesome Discord server name ideas. Here’s our guide to generators and name ideas for your Discord server without further ado. Let’s get started!
List of Name Generators for a Discord Server
Perhaps the easiest way to find a name for your server on Discord is to go to an online generator that creates names for you through AI. Basically, generators produce random names/a list of names that you might like with a click of a button. Some generators are more sophisticated. It might ask you to give relevant keywords for a more specific result.
To be honest, most of the name generators you see on the internet are for Discord nicknames and usernames. It’s almost impossible to find an automatic, AI-powered generator that specifically focuses on just Discord names.
Fortunately, you will find Discord server name ideas on the web. You may have to scan through the entire post to see which one you like, or which one sparks an idea in you.
And of course, below we also included our own “mini-generator” for server names which may help you find the one that will be perfect for your server!
Still, name generators can be a great place to start looking for funny and cool Discord names for your new server. Here are a few you could try:
Vadoo.tv’s Discord Name Generator
Vadoo.tv is a video hosting service that lets users upload videos they can share with their audiences. While it’s mainly used by digital marketers and influencers as a video platform alternative to YouTube and Vimeo, Vadoo.tv has a great generator tool where you can get interesting and funny Discord names.
It’s mainly a generator for creating a Discord nickname or username, but still, it’s worth a try when you’re searching for an awesome server name. The name suggestions are creative and fun, so maybe you can find here a server name you would like or get inspiration.
Like Vadoo.tv, SpinXO’s generator is mostly used by people to search for username and nickname ideas for their Discord account. However, it can also be a great tool to use if you’re looking to name your server, especially if it’s a personal server, a community that you manage, or one that’s intended for your fans and followers to connect with you.
You need to fill out a form to generate more specialized name ideas or suggestions from SpinXO. It will usually include your name, nickname, numbers, or letters, and even your hobbies and things you like.
If you feel that’s a little unnecessary, don’t worry, you can just fill in one blank, say, your name, and the generator will produce usernames for you. But the more blanks you fill in, the more customized the name you get.
Aside from that, you also get the option to make the string of words rhyme, the results exact, or you may ask it to suggest similar names.
As I’ve mentioned before, this one’s basically a username generator. However, you can find cool ideas for your Discord server here. Take, for example, we get these names we generated from the words “Art” and “Zoe”:
- Art Archon
- Art Zoe
- Hero Zoe
- Art Rodeo
- Art Arena
Now, you get cool Discord server names, which works great if your server is into art, for example. If you’re into gaming, maybe change the keyword to “gaming”, and if you’re into anime, do the same thing.
AnyTextEditor is a free, online–you guessed it, text editor. Basically, it lets you edit any text, fonts, codes, and a lot more. One cool feature they have is their name generator where you can generate any kind of name–whether it’s for a character in your novel, YouTube channel name, or your Discord name, of course.
In contrast to the other two, AnyTextEditor’s name generator is really simple to use and won’t require you to type in any keyword. Just click the “Get Discord Name” button in the middle, and it will give you a Discord name idea.
Don’t like the name? Click the button again and it will generate another one. Just keep on clicking until you find the name you feel is best for your server.
An obvious downside, though, is this generator is so random. You might end up spending hours just browsing names that are mainly used as usernames. However, you can find treasures like the one above. Game Zombie Mind(s) or just Game Zombies seems like a cool name for a server.
What to Consider When Creating a Discord Server Name
When creating a name for your Discord server, here are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure it’s consistent with your brand. This is especially true if your server is for your fans and followers.
- Include your server’s topics. What is the main topic of your server? Is it anime, gaming, NFTs, game dev, Python, memes, music, or what? Include the major ones in the name of the server so people will instantly know what it’s about.
- Audience. Who are your ideal server members? Fans and followers of your YouTube or Twitch Streaming channel? Discord users, who have the same goals and interests as you do? Knowing your target audience can help you create a fitting name for your server.
- Theme. What is the main theme of your server? Whether it’s a chill, relaxing, humorous, entertaining server, or one that’s for serious learning, try to show it on the name. People who are in Discord servers with themes similar to yours might be interested in joining yours.
- Keyword. Search for the right keywords relevant to your server’s topic, niche, and brand so people can easily find it.
Discord Server Name Ideas
We’ve also made a handy guide below to help you generate server name ideas. What you are going to do is add the words from Part A and B so you can generate hundreds of name ideas for your server.
Include any word(s) that has:
- Your niche or topic (e.g., Gaming, Art, Game Dev, Music, Python, Study, Video Editing, Anime, Memes, NFT)
- Your brand name (e.g., your TikTok/Instagram/Twitter Username or your YouTube/Twitch Channel)
- Foreign words (e.g., Sakura, Ignis, Tempestas, Kaze, Bijou)
- Colors (e.g., Crimson, Black, Gray, Silver, Red, White, Blue)
- Numbers (e.g., One, Two…You get the idea.)
- Adjectives (e.g., Old, New, Veteran, Legendary, Mythic, Funny, Epic)
- Verbs (e.g., Flying, Studying, Learning, Gaming, Watching)
- Beautiful words (e.g., Ethereal, Aesthetic, Luminous, Dreamy)
- Nature (e.g., Sky, Ocean, Tree, Forest, Desert)
- Mythology and Legend (e.g., Phoenix, Dragon, Styx, Valkyrie, Valhalla)
Then, add the words from any of the following groups:
Café, Lounge, Lobby, World, Land, Kingdom, Corner, Realm, Dungeon, Hall, Classroom, House, Island, Basement, Pub, Tavern, Galaxy, Universe
Community, Snipers, Thugs, Gang, Assassins, Army, Clan, Tribe, Ninjas, League, Squad, Slayers, Corps, Team
Sith, Lord, Jedi, Hobbits
101, It’s (insert word from Part A here) Everything (insert niche topic), (insert niche topic) United, (insert niche topic) Together, (insert niche topic) Help, With Me, Machine, Lord, Legends, Creators, Otaku, Streamers, Developers, Nerds, Geeks
- Art Machine (for art enthusiasts)
- It’s Crocheting (for crochet fanatics)
- Meme Kingdom (for meme fans)
- Everything Anime (for anime lovers)
- Dreamy Cafe (aesthetic, chill server)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Good Discord Server Name?
A good Discord server name clearly represents your brand, niche, and theme. You can also add topics, emojis, kaomojis, features, (Nitro, bots, contests, etc.) and even change the font to make it interesting.
How Do You Create a Unique Discord Server Name?
You can use the generators we listed above OR use our own guide above to generate server name ideas. Aside from those, you can also create unique, funny, or interesting server names using puns, pop-culture references, and more. For example, AveragePythonNerds, WeDemandOurHogwartsLetter, HobbitYourWayThen.